VIRAT KOHLI – The Run Machine
Virat Kohli is an Indian international cricketer and former captain of the India national cricket team. He plays for Delhi in domestic cricket and Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League as a right-handed batsman.
|Born||5 November 1988|
|Nickname||Cheeku, The Run Machine|
|Height||5ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Siblings||Bhawana Dhingara, Vikas Kohli|
Virat Kohli was born in New Delhi on 5 November, 1988 to Prem Kohli and Saroj Kohli. He was born in a Punjabi Hindu Family.
His father was a Criminal Lawyer and his mother is a Housewife. He has an elder brother and sister named Vikas Kohli and Bhavana Dhingara respectively. Kohli’s father died on 18 December 2006 due to a stroke after being bed-ridden for a month.
Virat started dating Anushka in 2013 and soon the fans of both started calling them “Virushka”. They got married in 2017. They organize a private ceremony in Florence, Italy where only some close friends and family members are invited.
They also became parents on 11 January 2021 to a baby girl. They calls the baby girl, Vamika. Virat kohli daughter face revealed after a long time.
Virat did his school from Vikas Bharti Public School till eighth grade and in ninth grade, he was shifted to Saviour Convent to help his Cricket Practices.
He joined the West Delhi Cricket Academy at the age of nine-year old and trained under Rajkumar Sharma.
Career of Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli is a Right-Handed Batsman. Virat Kohli plays for India’s National Team, Delhi Cricket Team and Royal Challengers Bangalore in IPL since 2008.
In 2008, Virat Kohli captained India’s Under-19 World Cup Team held in Malaysia and won that tournament.
In 2008, He made his One-Day International debut against Sri Lanka and T20I debut against Zimbabwe in 2010. He has scored total 70 centuries in his overall international career. Only Sachin Tendulkar is ahead of him in this list with 100.
In 8 September 2022, Virat kohli hit his 71st International Hundred. With this knock of 122* runs, he also sets some records. He scored highest individual score for India in T20I and moves to the 2nd highest position in number of Hundreds in International cricket with Ricky Ponting.
In 10 December 2022, Virat Kohli hit his 72nd International Hundred with 113 Runs.In 10 January 2023, Virat Kohli hit his 73rd International Hundred with 113 Runs.
On 21 July 2023, Virat Kohli scroes his 76th century in his 500th match playing for India.
|Country||India (2008 – present)|
|Test Debut||20 June 2011 v West Indies (cap 269)|
|ODI Debut||18 August 2008 v Sri Lanka (cap 175)|
|T20I Debut||12 June 2010 v Zimbabwe (cap 31)|
|IPL||Royal Challengers Bangalore|
Kohli is known for his aggressive playing style and aggressive leadership as well.
This aggression is often seen in his on-field attitude, where he is known to be fiercely competitive, and his animated and passionate reactions to situations on the field.
This on-field aggression has also been reflected in his captaincy where he is known to be proactive, taking bold decisions and leading the team from the front, described in the media as “brash” and “arrogant” during his early career.
He has got into confrontations with players and umpires on several occasions. While many former cricketers have backed his aggressive attitude, some have criticised it for crossing the line of fair play or for losing his cool.
In 2012, Kohli had stated that he tries to limit his aggressive behaviour but “the build-up pressure or the special occasions make it tough to control the aggression.”
However, Kohli himself has often stated that his aggression is a positive thing and that it helps him stay focused and motivated on the field.
Comparisons to Sachin Tendulkar
Kohli is often compared to Sachin Tendulakar, due to their similar styles of batting, and sometimes referred to as Tendulkar’s “successor”. Many former cricketers expect Kohli to break Tendulkar’s batting records.
He is ranked as one of the world’s most famous athletes by ESPN Kohli has stated that growing up his idol and role model was Tendulkar and that as a kid he “tried to copy the shots Tendulkar played and hit sixes the way he used to hit them.”
Former West Indies great Vivian Richards, who is regarded as the most destructive batsman in cricket, stated that Kohli reminds him of himself. In early 2015, Richards said Kohli was “already legendary” in the ODI format while former Australian cricketer Dean Jones called Kohli the “new king of world cricket”.
Akash Chopra, an Indian commentator, stated that “Sachin had more shots as compared to Virat”. In September 2018, West Indies legend Brain Lara, who was in New York as a part of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Trophy Tour, picked Kohli as one of the best batsmen in the world, alongside England captain Joe Root.
In 2008, When the first auction happened, Royal Challengers Bangalore bought him in his team. Since then, Virat is playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore.
He has scored most runs in the IPL. He also scored 7 centuries in IPL since now.
- In 2017, He was honored by Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest Civilian Award.
- In 2013, Arjuna Awards, for Outstanding Performance in Sports and Games, is the second-highest sporting honour of India.
- In 2018, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, India’s highest sporting honour.
- Kohli became ICC cricketer of the Decade (2010 – 2020).
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Cricketer of the Year): 2017, 2018
- ICC ODI Player of the Year: 2012, 2017.
Virat Kohli Stats
Virat Kohli Records
- Virat Kohli holds the record for the highest individual T20I score for India following his unbeaten 122 against Afghanistan at Asia Cup 2022.
- Kohli is fastest to score 1,000 ODI runs in a calendar year.
- Virat Kohli is the fastest batter to score 4,000 runs as captain in Tests.
- Virat is only captain to score six double hundreds in Tests.
- Virat is only batter to score over 900 runs in an IPL season.
- Virat Kohli is the only Indian batsman who got 890 rating points in the ICC ODI ranking.
- Virat Kolhi has the record of having the highest ICC rating points (922) in the ICC Player Rankings for Test Batsmen.
- Fastest Indian to reach 1000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000, and 10,000 runs in ODIs.
- The only batsman in history to average more than 50 in Tests, ODIs, and T20Is simultaneously.
- In the match against South Africa in Guwahati on 2 October 2022 after scoring 19 runs, Virat became the fastest to reach 11,000 T20 runs in just 354 matches.
Virat Kohli Net Worth
According to various online resources, the most popular Indian Cricketer Virat Kohli net worth is estimated around $123 Million, which is ₹1050 Crores in Indian Rupees.
Virat is the part of BCCI’s list A+ contract which means BCCI pays him 7 crores annually. He also getstook around ₹ 17 crores per season as IPL fees.
Virat is the brand ambassador of around 17 brands in which Puma, Wrogn, Vivo, Audi, Mobile Premier League (MPL), Myntra are some major brands.
|Net Worth||$123 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||₹ 1050 Crores INR|
|Monthly Income And Salary||4 Crore +|
|Yearly Income||50 Crore +|
|Income Source||Cricket, Advertisement|
Social Media of Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli has a quite good amount of following. He consistently posts content in all his social media profiles. He is 16th most followed accounts on Instagram and also 3rd most followed sports person in the world.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How old is Virat Kohli?
Ans. Virat Kohli is 34 years old.
2. How many centuries Virat Kohli have?
Ans. Virat have 76 centuries in all format of International Cricket.
3. Which water Virat Kohli drink? / What is the price of Kohli’s water?
Ans. Virat Kohli exclusively consumes Evian water which roughly cost around 4,200 INR per liter.
4. When is Virat Kohli birthday?
Ans. Kohli was born on 5 November 1988 in Delhi.
5. What is the net worth of Kohli?
Ans. The net worth of Kohli is around 1050 crores rupees in 2022.
6. How many centuries of Kohli in IPL?
Ans. Kohli have around 7 centuries in IPL.
7. How many companies have brand ambassador Virat Kohli?
Ans. Virat is the brand ambassador of total 17 brands.
8. When did Virat kohli was honoured by Padma Shri?
Ans. Virat Kohli was honoured by Padma Shri in 2017.